Thursday, January 25, 2007

Jury Duty

This was, hands down, the most boring thing I've ever done in my life. I'll admit it - I went in there looking to get excused...I even joked with the principal of my school that I'd try to be "as offensive as possible" which I didn't end up doing. But, I was honest.

Anyway...the best part was getting to sleep in a bit and the drive there was about half of what I normally drive to work. I took some papers to grade...some people had their own paperwork, some had the telltale white iPod earbuds (many of these with sunglasses and/or a "walk" of some sort.) A couple of people sorta napped on the roughly upolstered couches. I recall thinking it reminded me of an airport, but not nearly as exciting.

I notice there's always a "vibe" in rooms like those...should I talk to this guy/old lady/nun...oh wait they're talking to me first..."Yeah, it is kinda hot in here...no, I've never done this before." I'd gotten a root canal the afternoon before and I was still tired with a slight headache. All I could think about was getting out of here, and in the meantime, please don't talk to me anymore.

But, luckily, I got out of it and now I won't be summonsed again for at least 12 months. As I walked out of the courthouse, I felt like I had been set free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home